What are Invisalign® Clear Braces?
Invisalign Clear Braces are see-through plastic aligners that help you achieve straight teeth. Invisalign is a great alternative to traditional metal braces. These clear braces are convenient, discreet, and effective.
Invisalign Clear Braces vs Traditional Braces
Traditional braces are the trusted way to straighten teeth with severe alignment issues. However, if you have minor alignment issues that can be straightened with Invisalign, you can enjoy a modern, comfortable, and invisible alternative.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Customization – Invisalign Clear Braces are created from x-rays, pictures, and molds of your teeth, and are custom-made to fit your teeth.
- No Wires or Rubber Bands! – Invisalign is made of a smooth, clear plastic that is unlikely to irritate your gum and cheek tissue the way traditional metal wires can. There’s also no need to worry about replacing rubber bands.
- Understated – Invisalign’s clear plastic design makes it the aligner harder to see, allowing for you to straighten your teeth without drawing attention.
- Easy Maintenance – Invisalign is easy to remove and to clean. Take it off, wash, and slide back on.
- Food-Friendly – Don’t worry about food stuck in brackets. Slide off, eat, floss, and slide on. With Invisalign, you can eat the foods you want.
- Easier Oral Hygiene Care – It can be easier to brush and floss your teeth with Invisalign over traditional metal braces.
How Can I Achieve Straight Teeth With Invisalign?
- First Appointment – There will be an examination to see if Invisalign is right for you. We will take X-rays, pictures, and molds of your teeth to create a 3D model. From this model, we will build a customized treatment plan, that includes all the stages of your treatment and how long it is estimated to take.
- Receive Your Aligner – Your first aligners should be ready about two weeks after your first appointment. From then on, you will receive new aligners around every two weeks. Each new aligner progresses your treatment to the next stage.
- Proper Care – For best results, we recommend that you wear your aligners an average of 20-22 hours a day. Follow-up office visits take place about every six weeks. Maintain proper oral hygiene and see your dentist if you have any concerns.
Here at Gastonia Dental Group, we believe Invisalign is a great way to get the straight teeth you’ve always wanted. Give us a call and find out if Invisalign is right for you!