What Are Dentures?
When you think about dentures, you might be thinking about fake-looking false teeth instead of modern dentures. At our practice, we offer sleek and comfortable dentures that look natural and appealing. Instead of false teeth, we offer a meaningful restorative process that can allow you to eat, speak, and smile again.
Dentures can be complete dentures, if you don’t have natural teeth left, or partial dentures, if you do. Partial dentures are secured using your remaining teeth as anchors.
The Benefits of Dentures
- Restored Functionality – Dentures can totally restore your smile’s functionality. Chew confidently, smile boldly, and communicate fully again after placement.
- Look Younger – Tooth loss can dramatically age your appearance. Wearing dentures can help restore the structure of your face, which can mean looking younger.
- Increased Self-Confidence – A bright and healthy looking smile can be a vital part of how you feel about yourself. If you look in a mirror and see missing teeth, you may feel self-conscious about your smile. When you’re not confident in your smile, you’re less likely to smile around others. Dentures can return that confidence, allowing you to smile freely and openly.
Great. What’s the Process?
- The First Appointment – Your initial appointment with us allows us to examine your mouth and teeth. This is usually when we determine if you’re a good candidate for dentures. Once the decision has been made to go forward with dentures, x-rays and a mold of your teeth may be taken.
- The Second Appointment – When your dentures are ready, we will check how they fit. If both you and your dentist are happy with the dentures, you can leave the office with a whole new smile.
Get Your Great Smile Today!
Here at Gastonia Dental Group, we know a great smile goes a long way. If you’re interested in dentures or have more questions, call for an appointment today!