What are Dental Crowns?
Crowns are commonly known as “teeth caps.” You usually need a dental crown if you have damaged your tooth crown. A crack or a break can affect the integrity of your tooth and could eventually lead to infection and worsening dental issues.
Each dental crown is crafted from high-quality porcelain materials. Porcelain crowns preserve your remaining tooth structure. With dental crowns, we can prevent tooth loss and other negative health effects.
What are Dental Bridges?
A bridge is a restoration for patients with missing teeth. Dental bridges use a series of porcelain crowns to fill in the space left by one lost tooth or multiple missing teeth. A bridge can also be secured using dental implants.
Benefits of Crowns & Bridges
- Improve Functionality – If you have broken or missing teeth, your ability to chew and speak can be affected. Crowns and bridges help return functionality to your teeth.
- Improve Appearance – Missing and damaged teeth can make you feel embarrassed by your smile. Using crowns and bridges, you can restore the appearance of your teeth and enjoy an aesthetically pleasing grin again.
- Protect Your Teeth – Whenever possible, we seek to save your natural tooth. A break or a crack can lead to an infection, and eventually to tooth loss. Crowns can help strengthen your tooth and help you avoid tooth loss.
I’m Interested in a Dental Crown or Need a Dental Bridge. What should I do?
- First Appointment – The first step to determining if dental crowns or dental bridges are right for you, is to make an appointment. We’ll examine your teeth and discuss your options. X-rays may be taken.
- Prepare the Tooth Crown – If you’ve chosen a crown, or a crown-supported bridge, your teeth will need to be prepared. Your tooth will be shaped and a mold taken. That mold is sent to a laboratory for production.
- Permanent Placement – Once the dental crown has been crafted, we will place it over your tooth crown.
Take Control of Your Smile!
Let us help you restore your smile! Call now and make an appointment!